Allow Conflicts in Office 365 Resource Calendar
Important: By default, when a resource is created, ANYONE can schedule/invite the resource. The event will show up within the resource calendar, but will require approval. You must be the primary owner of the resource to manage these settings. The primary owner can only be assigned by a domain administrator. Contact your domain administrator to find out who the primary owner of a resource.
- Log into Office 365 account via Outlook on the web.
- Click your name in the top right corner and select Open another mailbox from the dropdown list.
- Enter the resource name and either select it from the automatic look up list or click Search Contacts & Directory link to find the room in the open another mailbox field. Note: If the resource is not found, enter in the fully qualified email address of the resource and search again.
- Click Open. The resource account will open in a new browser tab.
Once logged in, depending on the access provided, you may:
- Accept meeting invitations if necessary
- Send email messages
- Create, modify meeting requests sent from the resource
Accessing the resource scheduling settings
- Sign into OWA outlook.office365.com as yourself who has full permission to access the Calendar
- Click on the Settings Icon in the top right corner and choose open another users folder and open the desired resource.
- Once you have opened the Calendar resource
- Expand the Calendar section in the left navigation pane.
- Click Resource scheduling from with the listing. You will see the following screen.
- Configure the Scheduling Options and Scheduling Permissions using the following tables to assist with option selections.
- Click SAVE once you have finished making your changes.